Our Leadership Team
John Kalachian, Partner
- Bachelor of Economics (Accounting) Macquarie University
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Justice of the Peace
John Kalachian began working in his chosen field of accounting and taxation in 1997 following the completion of his university qualifications. Spanning an eclectic list of specialisations within a number of medium-sized accounting firms, John is accustomed to working with a strong mix of clients – with regard to both industry and size.
In 2007, with over 10 years of experience within the industry, John ventured into the business world; starting his own accounting practice.
“I have always wanted to lead, and have always had a strong passion for accounting. The timing was right to take the leap – and I haven’t looked back since.”
Through his many years within the industry, John has honed a broad range of skills – with emphasis on taxation, strong business-minded ability and providing genuine value-adding services to each of his clients.
“My primary focus is pleasing clients with a high level of service. I go to lengths to understand each client’s goals and aspirations, working closely with them to achieve the best result possible.’’
John is conscientious in maintaining regular contact with his clients; discussing strategies relating to both everyday business and taxation – as well as how things are progressing in a more general sense.
“Our clients appreciate our commitment to regular contact. Good communication between the client and myself makes it a lot easier for us to work together in achieving the goals we’ve set, or to re-evaluate strategies where necessary.”
Having already seen the firm grow exponentially in the past 18 months; John envisages that Fortis Accounting Partners will continue to flourish – and to provide consistent quality services to its clients.
If you would like to arrange an appointment, you can reach John on (02) 9267 0108 or by via email at email@example.com.
Henry Zhao, Partner
Henry has more than 15 years of solid experience within the accounting and tax industry; including 5 years with the ATO – and many more with some of the largest mid-tiered chartered accounting firms, through which he has covered all aspects of taxation.
Henry is a qualified Chartered Accountant, holds a Master of Accounting and Taxation (UNSW). His advising and compliance clients range from a selection of large listed property trusts, to individuals with employee share issues.
During his time in the field, Henry has worked on many high-profile projects including;
- Assisting a large rail equipment leasing company with the sale of joint venture interests, as well as issues surrounding structure, thin capitalisation, debt equity instruments and tax consolidation.
- Working closely with a high-wealth non-resident client to achieve an inward investment and retirement strategy for Australia; resulting in a potential tax saving of over $5m.
- Providing aid to a large corporate client with outward investments in Malaysia – maximising all obtainable benefits under the relevant Double Tax Agreements, whilst minimising any tax risks or exposures.
- Providing thoughtful and innovative solutions to a range of clients working within large property developments; achieving savings of millions of dollars with regard to GST and Stamp Duty.
- Advising a listed multi-national US media organisation on a comprehensive tax strategy; assisting in Asia-Pacific investments through the specific positioning of their regional headquarters.
- Accommodating a large New Zealand based company on a $10m business acquisition through the devising and executing of an effective tax strategy for their Australian subsidiary.
During his years with the ATO, Henry advised a large listed property trust which had planned to conduct a business restructuring by way of stapled trust and conclude the ruling in view of applicable legislations, tax policies and industry background and the time. He has also been heavily involved in the transfer pricing documentation review and advice during both his ATO and chartered periods, and has accumulated substantial experience within the field.
Henry truly believes that the quality of work produced by Fortis derives from the blending of immaculate research and personalised planning, and is tireless in his dealings with the ATO – consistently resulting in the best possible outcomes for his clients. Henry sees Fortis Accounting Partners growth as intertwined with the success of his clients, and believes not only in the identification of their issues and potential risks – but in the solutions.
If you would like to arrange an appointment, you can reach Henry on (02) 9267 0108 or by via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.